We have experienced decades of acceleration and increased mobility. In terms of travel, this means that we have traveled more frequently and at increasingly short notice, and that the length of stay has shortened. In return, we were “rewarded” with ever lower prices. We became “bargain hunters” and “milestone collectors”. As we know today, this development has done neither us nor the environment any good. Many things fell by the wayside, not least what constitutes the real value of a journey – the spiritual experience.
In recent years, concepts have emerged that have initiated a counterculture – Slow Food, Slow Living, Green Lifestyle, Sustainable & Slow Travelling. We support these concepts and have worked out some points how you can easily discover the world as a Mindful Traveler:
- Plan your vacation in advance and if possible decide on a longer stay.
- Think about the journey. Are there alternatives to a cheap flight or car?
- Inform yourself about the country and its culture. Find out as much as possible about your destination to know about all the customs of a country.
- Learn a few words in the local language. They show respect and find easier access to the world you want to discover.
- Enjoy the anticipation and the images that arise in your mind. Spiritually, your journey has already begun.
- Get in touch with the locals. To get to know a destination you have to know the people who live there.
- Collect impressions, not souvenirs. Let things work on you, not everything has to be photographed to be remembered. Live in the moment!
- Stay open for new things and be tolerant. Do something you have never done before and let yourself drift.
- Turn off your phone and take time for lots of personal conversations with your travel companion and the people you meet. Try to be as present as possible!
- Choose a hotel not just based on how well it looks on their Instafeed. Choose an accommodation that reflects the culture and life in that country. One that is as authentic as possible to take away as many impressions as possible and its way of life.
Let yourself be inspired!
Clear your head, find your inner balance and discover places for your holistic well-being in our Lifestylehotels member hotels.